Neurosurgery is surgery on the brain, spine and peripheral nerves. Below is a partial list of common conditions that Dr. Miller treats as well as some of the more common surgeries he specializes in. Dr. Miller is an expert in minimally invasive surgery (MIS)- Meaning that the smallest possible surface incision is made using specialized instruments to still allow the full surgical treatment that you would have received through a much larger traditional incision. This improves your recovery time, pain, and provides a better cosmetic result without any compromise in quality of care. Dr. Miller also is a Cleveland Clinic trained Gamma Knife (radiosurgery therapy) provider which is used to non-surgically treat certain brain cancers.
We treat many more conditions than just those listed below so please contact us if you have any questions.
(Partial list of conditions treated)
- Neuropathy from trapped nerves (i.e. carpel tunnel)
- Radiculopathy from pinched nerves in the back and neck
- Degenerative or traumatic causes for spinal instability
- Debilitating back pain that can be treated with surgery
- Correcting previous failed spine or brain surgeries
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Brain tumors, trauma or congenital surgical conditions
- Infections of the brain and spine
- Second opinion for brain or spine surgery
(Partial list of surgeries performed by Apex Neurosurgery)
- Decompression of the spine and nerves (back and neck)
- Fusion of the spine
- Surgical treatment (debridement) of spine or brain infections
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt placement and evaluation
- Resection of Brain or spine tumors
- Gamma knife treatment (radiation therapy) for certain cancers of the brain
- Management of traumatic brain injury
- Scoliosis evaluation and treatment in adults.
The following video links, freely available on the internet, provide an accurate but general overview of common conditions and procedures that Dr. Miller treats and performs. Every surgery is unique and these videos are obviously not specific to your exact condition but should give you an overview of what to expect in your surgery. Dr. Miller will discuss any procedure recommended to you in detail before the day of surgery.
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion
Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Craniotomy for Brain Tumor/Trauma/Infection
Degenerative Disc Disease
Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt and Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
Far Lateral Lumbar Fusion Surgery (aka XLIF/DLIF)
Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty for Compression Fractures